The main building was erected in 1892 by W.B. Diggs. Prior to the Mott ownership, the upper floor of the building contained an opera house while the main floor areas were comprised of several stores. Allen Mott purchased this building in 1910. Harold, Allen’s son, remodeled the opera house and furniture store, making it into a single function building: a funeral home. Architect Seymour Van Meter of Athens designed the renovation which was completed in 1938. The interior of the building was remodeled, making the upper floor the casket display area and the lower floor the visitation-funeral area.
Inside, the building provides a large entry room, family room, private arrangement room, a large formal chapel, a large casket selection area, and a lounge.